Containment Feeding Project
2 May 2021
Expression of Interest now open!
- Two of five places available
Little River Landcare Group (LRLG) has engaged the services of a world leader in agricultural data analytics, to better understand pasture productivity and capability of land within the Little River catchment district.
To increase landscape resilience during periods of low rainfall, Little River Landcare will be putting together a series of case studies to review grazing practices undertaken by landholders throughout the 2017-19 drought period. Each case study will detail the pro's and con's of local applications of containment feeding to enhance awareness of the practices benefits and challenges. On ground knowledge will be combined with pasture biomass calculations to give an overview of land capability before, during and after practice implementation. Biosphysical remote sensing technology will provide accurate boundary mapping and paddock level pasture biomass estimates for each participant.
- To increase community understanding and awareness of containment feeding during drought.
- To enhance landscape resilience during periods of low rainfall.
- Participants need to have undertaken a form of containment feeding during the 2017-19 drought.
- Information provided under the project will be made public to both members of Little River and the wider community
- Inclusion of images detailing containment feeding area or feeding practice undertaken
EOI close 1st July 2021.
Contact CEO for details.