Project Officer Position_CLOSED
26 July 2021
Project - Building Connections for Biodiversity in the Central Tablelands Region
Role Title: Project Officer – Building Connections in the Central Tablelands Region
Employer: Watershed Landcare Inc on behalf of Central Tablelands Landcare Network
Location: Work from home or shared office – to be determined. The job will require travel within the Central Tablelands LLS region and includes the communities of Cowra, Lithgow, Mudgee, Orange and Bathurst
Role Classification: Temporary Part Time to 30 June 2022.
Remuneration: $37.45 – $39.15 plus employer superannuation
Hours per week: Approx. 1.5 days per week or 11 hours per week
About the position
Watershed Landcare is looking for an enthusiastic person with experience in natural resource management, education and community engagement to lead this project. You will be required to work independently under the guidance of a Project Management Committee (PCG). The project is called Building Connections in the Central Tablelands Region. The project aims to increase biodiversity awareness and capacity for private land conservation in the Central Tablelands Region. The Project is jointly sponsored by Landcare NSW and the Biodiversity Conservation Trust.
The Project Officer will be required to:
• Enhance the current communications strategy for the program.
• Attend PCG meetings with stakeholders, working collaboratively with local Coordinators for regional outcomes.
• Deliver 10 community engagement events.
• Produce community engagement materials such as videos, simple publications, exhibition boards, and social media posts.
• Report on milestones for the program.
• Tafe or university qualifications in conservation/ environment/ science related field.
• Proven track record in project and/ or event management.
• Experience in regional community engagement.
• Ability to produce communication content and multimedia reports.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
• Valid Driver’s Licence and comprehensively insured vehicle.
• Ability to attend meetings and workshops out of normal work hours.
• Genuine interest in biodiversity conservation and management.
• WHS and/ or First Aid Certificates.
About the Region:
Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Network is located in Central NSW and brings together the Landcare groups in the Central Tablelands LLS region. The Central Tablelands region falls predominantly within the Wiradjuri Aboriginal country. The five Local Networks are Central Tablelands Landcare, Lithgow Oberon Landcare, Little River Landcare Group, Mid Lachlan Landcare and Watershed Landcare. These Landcare networks represent the communities of Bathurst, Orange, Cowra, Lithgow and Mudgee.
How to apply:
Watershed Landcare are keen to recruit someone as soon as possible so please in the first instance contact Vivien Howard firstname.lastname@example.org 0439 387 603 or Hunter White email@example.com 0428 736 507 for more details. A brief cover letter, addressing your capacity to meet the selection criteria and outlining why you seek this role. (Two pages maximum). A current curriculum vitae / resume (two pages maximum). Contact details for two professional referees, which should include a current or recent supervisor. Applications and enquiries should be addressed to Vivien Howard, Chair of Watershed Landcare Inc at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications 28 July 2021.